Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Scrapping Outback DT member call out

Scrapping Outback has put out a call for a new design team. You can check out the details here


http://www.scrappingoutback.com.au/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=3393

So here are a few layouts that I have created with chipboard

I’m really happy with how this layout came together. I love the colours and the romantic feel to it, which suits the books that this author writes. I went to Brisbane to meet Lauren Kate, before I had even read any of her books. And I’m so glad that I did go, cause I love her books. So this layout was dedicated to meeting her. I used Kaiser patterned papers and flowers, prima packaging, ribbon, brads, carolee creations alpha stickers, American craft thickers, little yellow bicycle stickers, lace, ticket, tag and metal leaves and charm. I used 2 sets of chipboard wings, one which I painted silver and kindy glitzed the edges and the other I used crackle paint on. For the chipboard title I painted it black and then while it was still wet I painted a layer of silver paint over it.






I am really loving making double layouts recently, because I have so many photos of the one event. The girls had a great time trick or treating for the first time this year. I used Graphic 45 and Kaiser patterned paper, 3D gel stickers, mesh ribbon, playing card, Bo Bunny clear frame, Jenni Bowlin journal tag, string, ribbon, paperclips, carolee creations alpha stickers, felt owl, American craft thickers and the little bat I cut off a ring that the girls got while they were trick or treating. I left the chipboard fence raw and wrapped mini roses around the pailings.







I had so many photos from our swim with the dolphin, that I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to fit them onto this double layout. Im happy with this layout, I used minimal embellishments so I didn’t lose any of the photos on the layout. I used Stampin Up patterned paper, as the background, Kaiser patterned paper, rub ons, embellishments and alpha stickers, crochet flowers, buttons, prima flowers and pearls, ribbon, K & Company sticker, Jolees dolphin stickers, American craft thickers, and our wrist bands from the water park in Dubai where we swam. With the chipboard arrows and words I painted them lightly with white paint and then coloured them in using water colour pencils and then coated with a layout of mod podge.







1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Hi Kirsten, these are fantastic! you do great doubles.. i love the dolphin one.. how amazing are these photos!! love them!