Friday, April 30, 2010

Mad About Scrappin Cyber Crop challenges

Last weekend Leanne, Mad About Scrappin, held a cyber crop with the theme Recycle It . I only managed to get 2 of the 4 challenges completed. But I've been packing and cleaning most of the week. I've now packed my scrapbooking supplies, so there will be no more scrappin til after May 8, when we move. Anyway for the first challenge the requirements were:
"Recycle your scrapping"

My challenge for this month's CC is to recycle your scrapping!! You can do this one of two ways -
1) Recyle a photo - Sometimes when I look back at some of my older layouts I squirm a bit, our style often changes over time. I have more than a few layouts in my albums that just dont really do the photos justice and i'd love to redo. So go ahead, reprint the photo and give it another go!
2) Recycle a layout - On the flip side, sometimes when I look over my pages I just love the layout of some of them, and on occassion i'll use it as a starting point or inspiration for another page. So go on, scraplift yourself and see what you can come up with.

So I decided to scraplift a very recent LO that I did of my middle daughters 3rd birthday. The photo for this CC was taken in Fiji. We had a champagne breakfast each morning, I had a headache most mornings, but on the mornings that I felt good I had a glass of champagne. So this LO is a scraplift of the collage LO I did of Mia's bday.
I used some of my scraps for this LO. Kaiser PP and the new webster's range of paper, kaiser embellishments, making memories rub ons for the title, and carolee creations alpha stickers. Im pretty happy with how this LO turned out.

And  for Challenge 3 the requirements were:
When I think of Recycling I immediately think of trees and how we are saving our earth by recycling....so for my challenge tonight I would like for you to use earthy colours. Colours like brown, green, orange, cream etc are all earthy colours. I would also like you to include a tree embellishment on your layout and include something 'Recycled' as well. By 'recycled' I mean something non scrap related. So it could be anything that is around your house.

The photos that I chose for this LO were taken in Fiji, when my daughter and her holiday friend were chosen by the warrior to light the flames around the resort. it was so exciting and she had a ball. So I used very earthy colours, my trees are on the Kaiser pp and my non scrap item is a softdrink can ring pull.

1 comment:

Belynda-Lee said...

hi thanks,
thanks for visiting my blog :D Totally lovin your layouts babe!!! take care hun xxx